Tuesday 20 August 2019

VGN 62023

Another Virginian Car, this time a 50' Automobile Boxcar.

Bowser factory painted kit. One of the coupler mount spigots was deformed so I ended up drilling it out and replacing with a piece of styrene tube drilled out to accept the factory screw. This was an unbuilt kit so I got to build it up entirely from start to finish. Nice kit, basic but well thought through, I do see the coupler spigots as a weak point, needing a sheath to accept Kadee couplers.

I replaced the plastic wheels that came with the kit with some 33" smoothback Intermountain wheels, fitted Kadee #158 scale couplers.

I added Kadee Train line hoses and Detail Associates cut lever bars. Painted with Tru-Color freight car brown, not exact but once weathered blends right in.



No comments:

Post a Comment