Tuesday 20 August 2019

DT&I 12298

Last one for today, another Bowser kit, sadly this one had previously been in the hands of Stevie Wonder. I try not to buy items built by others for exactly this reason but being it's my only DT&I car I persevered. One of the coupler spigots was broken off, one of the bogie mounts had a stripped tread and the body mounting tabs had all been cut off... The coupler spigot got replaced with styrene and I sleeved the stripped threaded bolster. There was a lot of dried glue around the chassis from previous attempts following the broken mounting tabs, I cleaned as much off to get a good fit again. I replaced the metal floor weight with a thicker one that brought it up to NMRA recommendations and then fixed the chassis into the body.

Intermountain metal wheels, Kadee# 158s, train line hoses and hand bent cutlever bars were all added before weathering accordingly.



Won't be as long until the next post.

Happy Railroading

No comments:

Post a Comment