Thursday 10 July 2014

Virginian 2 Bay Hopper 12609

Been a while since I set this up and first posted, not been short of modelling projects in the time so thought I best make a start to show some of my projects.

I bought this model from evilbay earlier this year, unfortunately not in the best of condition, so first job was to strip it back to it's core components. Clean/debur as necessary, replace the naff retaining pins with screws to stop the bogies and couplers dropping out randomly. My primary aim is to make stock run reliably and function as well as possible.
 
Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures but below are pictures of the completed model re-assembled, metal wheels added, Kadee #5 knuckle couplers installed and weathered to suit my 1959 prototype.
 



 
 
Comments welcomed, I plan to do a detailed post about the techniques I use but this will be based on one of my unbuilt kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment